Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rise and Shine

My body seems to have awoken. On Saturday, at the Polar Bear 5 Mile Race, I felt great when I left. I felt like I had an ounce of hope because I ran at my formally normal pace. Even though I was proud of myself, I knew that my run had a lot to do with a friend pacing me. I wasn't sure if I could continue that on my own.

At tonight's group run, I learned that I could keep the pace going on my own. My friend Drew and I always start at the back of our pace group. Our goal is for the next pace group to not pass us. That's it. However, about 2 miles into the run, we realized we were right in the middle of the pack. Drew even commented how he could tell my pace had improved since the previous week. It's amazing what one week can do. Sometimes everything just falls into place. I would like to thank my body for waking up!

1 comment: