Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hills to Hotels

On Sunday, I went back out to the hill that I sprained my ankle on. You have never seen someone so nervous. Seriously! This time I was able to finish four miles without falling down. Sorta. That depends on your definition of "finish". I did take a slightly different route and found many, many more hills. It was exactly what I wanted for my Sunday runs! As much as I know I don't like hills, this time I was CHOOSING hill work so I knew I could complete exactly what the schedule said. Wrong. Hills are even harder than I remember, especially nonstop rolling hills. Up, down, up, down. There was no stopping it! About two miles in, I quit running and walked the rest of the way back. I tried to start one other time, but in my defense, my legs were extremely sore from the previous day's 10 mile run. It just wasn't happening.

Today, I leave on vacation for a few days. No more hills, but that means hotels which also means treadmills and dedication. I'm not sure if treadmills or hills are worse! Rearranging my schedule to have fun, but also get in the miles wasn't easy. On paper, it was a breeze, but my long-run was supposed to be yesterday and my legs weren't recovered yet so my schedule didn't go quite as  planned. It will all work out, though. And, when I get back, guess what will be awaiting me? Hills. Lots of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment