Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Starting Over

Two miles. 23:22. Why did I decide to blog about my last marathon? I feel like I'm starting over-and I guess I am. The last two weeks didn't go as planned.  (Wait, isn't that just how marathon training goes?!) I ended up being sick and glued to the couch which meant zero running. So, today when I finally got back out there, it was misery! My goal was to run three. Then, I got to 1/2 mile and realized that the road back was going to be a bit harder than I wanted it to be. I stopped five times during my measly 2 mile run! I am supposed to be able to run this marathon in June, right? I'm starting to wonder if I have it in me. Maybe I was a one year marathoner.
As discouraged as I was during the run, I still somehow felt inspired enough to actually put together my 16 week training program. That actually made me feel better because I don't technically have to be ready for the program until the last week of February. I didn't realize I had that much time. Of course, I'm also running the Indy and Derby Mini-Marathons prior to the big one, Grandma's Marathon. Therefore, I do need to be able to put some miles on the pavement!
Tomorrow is another day and it's an opportunity to get one step closer to where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment