Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time to Get Serious

Race day is nine weeks away. I haven't been running much lately. That is, except for race days. Sprained ankle, vacation, post-vacation attitude all made me not want to run the last few weeks, but yesterday was the point where I realized I have to start getting the miles in.

Yesterday, one week after my half-marathon with little training, I made a repeat training week. Wednesday I ran one mile. Yes, that's right, one mile. Thursday, I ran a good six mile tempo run. Then, I ran a 15K race yesterday. That little training and it wasn't even my worst time. Not being terribly far off my PRs with little training has done nothing but encourage me to continue this half training trend! However, Saturday was the moment I realized that I must get back on track.

In three weeks, I have a half marathon. In four weeks, I have another half marathon. Both of those will be great training runs to get me going. Then, in eight weeks, I have another half marathon where I actually expect to perform well. And, of course, there's that little 26.2 mile deal in Minnesota nine weeks from now. It's time to get serious.

This week I will get my runs finished. Luckily, I found a new running trail near my house. That will help me out a lot. There aren't a lot of great places to run near me unless I travel about 40 minutes which isn't always a possibility during the week. This new trail I found, however, is only  a few minutes from home. Exploring a new area will be really helpful in my "Time to get serious" about running campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment